Welcome!

Welcome to a great new year at school!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Final tool 11- Reflection

The real surprise about this entire "trip" is that I purchased an Ipod touch for myself. A phone that enabled me to call, text, and snap photos of friends and family was all I really needed in my previous life...But now, there is no turning back! Pandora's box is open and who knows where my experiences will lead. Learning is exciting and I intend to have that kind of excitement in (and out) of my classroom with my students. One of the best items I learned about were Google Docs. I have helped my former housemate in planning a 40th reunion with his East Boston mates and I just love these great apps for my iTouch! Obviously, my life will never be the same. Change is good. Personal growth is required. It really is just common sense, but I must admit, I have resisted even my own logic....In order to utilize these technology tools in the classroom effectively (and readily), I have to familiarize myself with them outside the classroom. I see a lot more technology projects that incorporate more than just Google searches and PowerPoint slideshows! I also see a lot of communication opening up between students of varying grades and quite possibly different schools. This makes me very happy.

1 comment:

The Thornwood Library said...

You skipped around a bit with your posts, but I never saw ones for Tool #7-Digital Story Telling or Tool #11 - Digital Citizenship posts. I'm so glad you're excited about learning and applying these technologies with your students. I have a feeling next year is going to be a very special one at Thornwood - we're in for a wild ride!!

Millie